Thursday 5 March 2009

BHF books contributor releases own anthology

Daniel McGachey, one of the top authors who regularly contributes to the BHF books of horror, has managed to snag himself a proper publishing deal.

He writes to say:

I just wanted to let you know that "They That Dwell..." and "The Shadow in the Stacks" from the first two BHF Books are to be reprinted soon as part of my first (hopefully not last) collection, "They That Dwell in Dark Places", from Dark Regions Press. This is to feature my previously published stories, from the BHF Books, Black Books and Filthy Creations magazine, plus a selection of new stories written specifically for the volume.

Naturally I'm hugely excited about this, but I was asked to keep quiet about it till the stories were ready. Now I've just seen it announced on the Dark Regions website, so I thought it would only be a courtesy to let you know, since it was a huge boost to have those stories published in the BHF Books.

The books will, of course, be mentioned in the book as the original place of publication for those two stories, and in the short biog piece I'm currently putting off writing.


I'm extremely chuffed about this - Dan's work is absolutely brilliant and I'm glad it's getting an airing beyond the limited range of the (admittedly brilliant) BHF Books. Here's hoping he becomes a household name...

You can find out more here:

No comments: